Why do social media always have to be about social competition? Everyone on Facebook is aware of how many friends they have in relation to how many friends their friends have. On Twitter people celebrate follower milestones: five hundred, a thousand, ten thousand. For a while Tumblr was defaced by a comparative ranking called Tumblarity, which has now disappeared, I hope for good (though Tumblr still tells you how many followers you have).
- Promote and enjoy real-time Open Access to research
- Share primary data, working papers, books, media links…
- Receive feedback and reviews from your peers
- Expose your work to those that matter
- Aggregate qualitative indicators about your impact
- Drive, build and share your online reputation