On Twitter this morning I asked for thoughts on how best to run a class blog, and replies are coming in. People are reminding me of Mark Sample’s excellent post on “blog audits,” and are tossing around other ideas too.
- Offering an interpretation of something we’ve read;
- Asking a question about something we’ve read;
- Linking to, quoting from, and responding to online articles or essays about what we’re reading;
- Providing contextual information — biographical, historical, whatever — about the authors we’re reading and their cultural and intellectual worlds;
- Commenting on the posts of their fellow students.